2021 GMC Yukon AT4 : Revealed
The 2021 GMC Yukon AT4 has just been revealed, and we’re on the ground in Vail, Colorado for the event. We’ve had the chance today to preview some of the new features and technology in the Yukon AT4, and we’ll share some of them with you below. While we’re most excited about the AT4 off-road focused sub-brand coming to the Yukon, it was unveiled alongside the popular Yukon Denali and Yukon XL.
*** UPDATE : Check out the reveal video below! ***
“GMC Yukon is the full-size premium SUV that’s made to be used,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global Buick and GMC. “The new Yukon delivers what customers value most – premium features, purposeful technology and all-terrain capability.”
First-Ever Yukon AT4
Yukon AT4 provides premium off-road inspired design cues to match its strong capability. The first-ever Yukon AT4 features a unique front fascia that both visually carries the rugged all-terrain look and supports off-road capability. Coupled with the available four-corner Air Ride Adaptive Suspension, the AT4 can raise and offer an additional 2 inches (50 mm) of ground clearance. When at this maximum height, the Yukon AT4 offers a nearly 32-degree approach angle for added off-road capability. AT4 provides a contrast to Denali’s chrome-oriented look around the exterior, with trim characterized by body color or dark accents throughout, as well as a pair of red recovery hooks, similar to the Sierra AT4.
Key features of the AT4 include:
- Two-speed transfer case
- 20-inch Goodyear® all-terrain tires
- Traction Select System with off-road mode
- Hill Descent Control
- Skid plates protecting key areas of the underbody
- AT4-exclusive leather appointed seats and stitching
- Unique Jet Black interior color theme with Brandy accents
- Heated steering wheel, heated and ventilated front seats and heated second-row outboard seats.
With the introduction of their next-generation flagship SUV, GMC points to six specific features available on the Yukon that help elevate it above the competition:
- All-new interior design across the Yukon lineup, highlighted by a Denali- exclusive interior and a new, class-leading available Power Sliding Center Console.
- First-in-class, available, four-corner Air Ride Adaptive Suspension delivers exceptional ride comfort and, when 4WD LO is engaged, allows drivers to raise the body up to 2 inches (50 mm) for additional ground clearance when traveling off-road (late availability).
- An available nine camera views1, the most in the segment, increase driver awareness, including High Definition Surround Vision, Rear Camera Mirror and GMC’s ProGrade trailering system.
- Class-leading available 15-inch-diagonal multicolor Head-Up Display projects speed, navigation, safety features and other driver-centric information when properly equipped.
- The most powerful engine in the full-size SUV segment, an all-new 6.2L V8 with Dynamic Fuel Management (standard on Denali) delivers an estimated 420 horsepower, paired with a standard 10-speed transmission.
- All-new available Active Response 4WDTM System combines technologies including an electronic Limited Slip Differential, to continuously monitor road conditions and react to improve traction, handling and overall control.
For much more on the 2021 GMC Yukon AT4, check out this video from our friends at TFL Truck :