Best Picture Revisited
With the Oscars coming up, we thought it would be fun to look back at the past couple of decades of film and make our selections for Best Picture. These are the films that would have won had Gunaxin selected the winners (of those that were nominated).
- 1990 Goodfellas (Lost to Dances With Wolves)
- 1991 The Silence of the Lambs*
- 1992 Unforgiven*
- 1993 Schindler’s List* (Hard to argue about this one, but The Fugitive would be Gunaxin’s pick had List come out any other year)
- 1994 The Shawshank Redemption (Lost to Forrest Gump)… Pulp Fiction was also nominated this year, but Shawshank holds up better than Fiction.
- 1995 Braveheart* (Before Mel Gibson went insane)
- 1996 Fargo (Lost to The English Patient)
- 1997 Good Will Hunting (Lost to Titanic)
- 1998 Saving Private Ryan (Lost to Shakespeare in Love)
- 1999 The Sixth Sense (Lost to American Beauty)
- 2000 Gladiator*
- 2001 The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (Lost to A Beautiful Mind)
- 2002 Gangs of New York (Lost to Chicago)
- 2004 Million Dollar Baby* (Not his best, but it’s still Eastwood and best of ’04)
- 2005 Munich (Lost to Crash)
- 2006 The Departed*
- 2007 No Country for Old Men*
- 2008 All of these movies sucked and we boycotted this year. Slumdog Millionaire won.
- 2009 The Hurt Locker*
- 2010 Inception (Please let The King’s Speech lose)
*Won Best Picture