Captain Morgan’s Mint Mutiny
Mint Juleps are Kentucky Derby tradition, with more than 120,000 served during the two days of races at Churchill Downs. We’re not that big on traditional here at Gunaxin though. We prefer to shake things up a bit, as does Captain Morgan. The Captain has partnered with Top Chef judge Hugh Acheson to stage a mutiny during Derby weekend, and they urge you to put a different drink in your hand as you bet the ponies. It’s made with Captain Morgan White Rum, instead of bourbon…
- Crushed ice
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, torn into pieces
- 1½ ounces Captain Morgan White Rum
- ½ ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ ounce Rose Water-infused Simple Syrup
- Club Soda
- Fresh mint, muddled
- 1 cucumber spear
- Fill a julep glass with crushed ice.
- Add the Captain Morgan White Rum, Lemon Juice, Rose Simple Syrup.
- Fill with club soda until the glass is almost full.
- Top the glass with a mound of more crushed ice.
- Garnish with a cucumber spear and mint sprig.
Mint Mutiny Challenge
Gunaxin is competing with other websites in the Mint Mutiny Challenge, and we need your help. Your retweets of this post will help us win a trip to the Belmont Stakes in New York. If you help us, we’ll help you, in the form of a $100 Visa Gift Card so you can try a Captain Morgan Mint Mutiny on our dime. Utilize the widget below to create your entry in our contest, and hopefully we’ll both win!
Additionally, Philip has served as Rally Director for the Washington Automotive Press Association, Speaker at IMPAcon and Blogs with Balls, Chairman of the Relay For Life of North Anne Arundel County, Examiner Team Leader for the Maryland Performance Excellence Awards, and Credentialed Founder of Capitals Outsider.