Six Cocktails for Thanksgiving
While we typically recommend you drink Beer on Thanksgiving, this year we’re going in a different direction. Thanksgiving is a holiday that typically features a large family gathering. Such a loud stressful occasion calls for a stiffer drink than you can typically get from Beer or Wine, so why not mix up some cocktails? Below we’ve collected six winning cocktail recipes from some of our favorite spirits brands.
From before the first kickoff, till after the last piece of pie is long gone, you have enough variety here to keep a drink in your crazy uncle’s hand for the entire day. Once he’s consumed some liquid courage, your uncle is guaranteed to start ranting about Obama granting amnesty to the illegals causing your little brother’s undocumented girlfriend to cry. At our house, we call that a traditional Thanksgiving!
Scorchin Winter Warmer
- 1 oz. Crown Royal® Regal Apple Flavored Whisky
- 0.5 oz. Stirrings® Ginger Flavored Liqueur
- 3 dash(es) aromatic bitters
- 4 oz. apple cider
- slice(s) apple
- Combine ingredients in a toddy glass.
- Top with warm apple cider.
- Garnish with an apple slice.
- 1.25 oz. Bulleit Bourbon
- 0.5 oz. ginger liqueur
- 1.5 oz. pomegranate juice
- 0.5 oz. lemon juice
- 0.4 oz. maple syrup
- 1 dash powdered cinnamon
- 3 dashes baked apple bitters or orange bitters
- Apple slices and cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Shake all ingredients vigorously for 10 seconds over ice.
- Strain over fresh ice into large rocks glass.
- Garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks.
- 1.3 oz. George Dickel No. 12
- 2 oz. Apple Cider
- 0.5 oz. Grade B Maple Syrup
- 3 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Combine all ingredients.
- Garnish with an apple slice and cinnamon stick.
Apple Pie Sour
- 1.5 oz. Piehole Apple Pie
- 1.25 oz. sour mix
- Splash of orange juice
- Lemon wedges
- Add ingredients to an ice-filled mixing tin.
- Squeeze a lemon wedge into the tin.
- Shake and strain into an ice-filled Collins glass.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge.
Basil Hayden’s Pumpkin Sour
- 2 parts Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon
- 0.5 part Fresh Orange Juice
- 0.5 part Lemon Juice
- 0.5 part Maple Syrup
- 2 heaping barspoon Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 3 dashes Angostura® Bitters
- 2 part Allspice Dram
- 1 twisted orange peel
- Combine all ingredients into a mixing tin, add ice and shake vigorously
- Strain into a rocks glass over ice.
- Garnish with a twisted orange peel.
Cruzan Peach Cobbler
- 1.5 parts Cruzan Peach Rum
- 0.25 part Turbinado Simple Syrup
- 0.5 part Dark Sherry
- 0.25 part Blackberry Liqueur
- 0.5 part Fresh Lemon Juice
- Orange Peel
- Combine all ingredients over ice, shake and pour into an old fashioned glass.
- Garnish with fresh grated Nutmeg & flamed Orange Peel.
Additionally, Philip has served as Rally Director for the Washington Automotive Press Association, Speaker at IMPAcon and Blogs with Balls, Chairman of the Relay For Life of North Anne Arundel County, Examiner Team Leader for the Maryland Performance Excellence Awards, and Credentialed Founder of Capitals Outsider.
Latest posts by Philip Van der Vossen (see all)
- Blazing the Oregon Trail : Off-Road in the 2019 Chevrolet Blazer RS - August 20, 2019
- Five Camping Tips for Beginners - August 18, 2019
- Four Tasty Ways to Eat Chesapeake Blue Crab - August 14, 2019