Last Night on Game of Thrones…
While not as ass-kicking as last week’s installment, the fifth episode of Game of Thrones’ Season 2, “The Ghost of Harrenhal,” served a significant purpose by paying visits to all corners of the Seven Kingdoms to update the central storylines that have spanned the first-half of the season. That’s right, only five more chapters remain (sad face) before we are forced to endure another lengthy hiatus. I can feel the withdrawal symptoms bubbling to the surface already. Nevertheless, there’s much to talk about as the battle for the Iron Throne heats up.
- Well, there’s one less “king” to worry about. Apologies to the deceased, but no great loss.
- Tyrion’s manipulation of Lancel gets funnier by the episode. “Even torturing you is, boring.”
- “Demon monkey?” Hands of the King get no respect I tell ya.
- Speaking of respect, Theon Greyjoy has zip, nada, nil. Methinks that will change down the road.
- Did you see the look Arya gave Tywin after she said “anyone can be killed?” Vengeance will be hers.
- Jaqen H’ghar is growing on me. He seems to have replaced Syrio has Arya’s mentor of sorts.
- “Men die, men shit themselves, men run.” Bronn’s blunt assessment of war is spot-on.
- That’s a whole lotta WILDFIRE.
- DRAGONS in da house, yo. Watching the little bugger singe his food makes me salivate for the day when he’s turning armies into ash.
- Qarth is chock-full of weirdos.
- Damn, Daenerys be lookin’ good! No wonder Jorah is in love with her. Poor bastard.
- Three-eyed ravens bring nothing but bad news.
- Is the Night’s Watch finally gonna see some action? Let’s hope so. Walking through the snow is getting old.
- Xaro Xhoan Daxos doesn’t appear to be very trustworthy. I’m not buying his sob story.
The attempted siege of King’s Landing is fast approaching. Will Stannis and his massive legion conquer the city, or will the Wildfire prove enough to keep the invaders at bay? Until next time…