Gunaxin’s Crafts Corner
Looking for a quick and easy craft project that you don’t have to be Martha Stewart to do? Here at Gunaxin, we got you covered with gallery-quality craft projects that can be made with objects found in most every home. Be creative and have fun! (Editor’s Note: These craft projects are infinitely more fun if you have a child or children involved. Just don’t go out and snag one from your local playground, though, okay? That’s not only illegal but also really gross.)
The Medulla Oblongata
- 3 Paper Plates
- Paper Towel Tube
- Handful of Gravel
- Several Pine Needles
- 3 Wads of Bubble Gum (chewed)
- With first wad of chewed bubble gum, stick two paper plates together.
- With second wad of chewed bubble gum, stick the first two plates to a third.
- Cut three small holes at various heights around the paper towel tube with scissors.
- With third wad of chewed bubble gum, affix paper towel tube to the paper plates from steps one and two.
- Insert pine needles in the holes from step 3.
- Insert pine needles in the top of the paper towel tube.
- Place the handful of gravel at the base of the paper towel tube on the top paper plate to give stability.
The Drunken Fork
Reminiscent of The Thinker by Auguste Rodin, this incredible craft project inspires one to philosophical introspection.
- 1 used beer Can
- 1 Pine Tree Twig
- 1 Plastic Fork
- 1 Pine Cone
- Affix pine cone to prongs of plastic fork.
- Insert plastic fork handle into empty beer can.
- Insert pine tree twig into beer can next to fork.
- 1 used beer Can
- 1 Small Limb from a Cherry Tree
- 1 Rock
- Insert small limb from cherry tree into empty beer can.
- Place a rock on top of beer can.
- 1 Beach (ocean or lake front)
- Lots of water
- Large Plastic Cups
- Keep piling sand up until it is real high.
- Use large plastic cups to get water to make step #1 easier.