Six Spooky Halloween Cocktails
Spooky Halloween Cocktails are a favorite of any party this time of year, and they don’t have to be that complicated. We’ve gathered six recipes from some of our favorite spirits brands and arranged them by difficulty level for you below. If you want to earn extra points and kick it up a notch, check out the image above for some inspirational garnishing ideas. Plastic spiders and dry ice along with special glasses or lighting can create awesome effects and really give your party the atmosphere that is sure to creep out your guests. Add some Halloween Tunes and follow these simple party tips, and your Monster Bash will be a graveyard smash.
- 1 oz. Captain Morgan® Original Spiced Rum
- 6 oz. Pumpkin beer
- Pour shot of Captain Morgan® Original Spiced Rum
- Drop shot into a glass of pumpkin beer and enjoy.
Additionally, the legendary tealogists from Owl’s Brew combined their custom tea blends with Captain Morgan rum to create Haunted Voyage and The Reaping – two simple, yet innovative cocktails that are perfect for this year’s festivities. You can find those additional cocktail recipes over at Man Jr.
Dirty Orchard (shot)
It’s show time for Jeremiah Weed as the makers of the brand unveil a new line of flavored whiskies blended with hand-selected secret spices. Each variant is sure to bewilder and amaze as they take the stage as either a shot or mixed with cola.
Jeremiah Weed Cinnamon Whiskey has a distinctive punch of spicy ground cinnamon that dials up the warm, woody whiskey character. At 71.2 proof (35.6% ABV), Jeremiah Weed Cinnamon Whiskey is best consumed as a shot. Sold at a suggested retail price of $18.99 for a 750 mL bottle.
- ¾ oz. Jeremiah Weed® Cinnamon Whiskey
- ¾ oz. apple cider
- Lemon squeeze
- Shake ingredients together and strain into a shot glass.
Knob Creek Bourbon Street Nightmare
Knob Creek Bourbon Street Nightmare is a tart and spicy potion perfect for any and all costumed festivities. Made with Knob Creek Bourbon, orange juice and blood orange syrup and garnished with a black licorice wheel, this cocktail is a one-of-a-kind libation to keep your celebration lasting long into Halloween night.
- 3 parts Knob Creek Bourbon
- 3 parts Orange Juice
- 1/2 part Blood Orange Syrup
- Place all ingredients in a Hurricane glass over ice and mix well.
- Drizzle blood orange syrup over top and garnish with a black licorice wheel.
Fall Snap Punch
Kenny Chesney’s Blue Chair Bay Rum offers up this spooktacular punch that will be a great addition to your festivities.
- 1 bottle Blue Chair Bay Coconut Spiced Rum
- 8 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 18 oz. pear nectar
- 15 oz. ginger ale
- Hollow out a pumpkin to use as a punch bowl
- Combine and stir ingredients in pumpkin
- Add block of ice and several sliced pears and cranberries to garnish
- Serve in rocks glass with a straw for folks to drink through masks.
Cruzan Black Widow
This dark concoction is blended with premium Cruzan Rum in Vanilla and Black Cherry flavors, making it a chilling addition to a Halloween soiree or equally enjoyable during a scary movie marathon to celebrate the occasion.
- 2 parts Cruzan Black Cherry Rum
- 1 part Cruzan Vanilla Rum
- 1/2 part Chocolate Syrup
- 1 part Milk
- Splash Grenadine
- Combine all ingredients in a blender with 1/2 cup of ice and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a chilled glass drizzled with chocolate sauce.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with a cherry.
Basil Hayden’s Pumpkin Sour
Instead of that Pumpkin Spice latte, try Basil Hayden‘s Pumpkin Sour. It has that pumpkin flavor you love combined with the spice of Basil Hayden‘s – its a festive cocktail full of fall ingredients – perfect for this chilly weather!
- 2 parts Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon
- 1/2 part Fresh Orange Juice
- 1/2 part Lemon Juice
- 1/2 part Maple Syrup
- 2 heaping barspoon Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 3 dashes Angostura® Bitters
- 2 part Allspice Dram
- 1 twisted orange peel
- Combine all ingredients into a mixing tin, add ice and shake vigorously
- Strain into a rocks glass over ice.
- Garnish with a twisted orange peel.
Additionally, Philip has served as Rally Director for the Washington Automotive Press Association, Speaker at IMPAcon and Blogs with Balls, Chairman of the Relay For Life of North Anne Arundel County, Examiner Team Leader for the Maryland Performance Excellence Awards, and Credentialed Founder of Capitals Outsider.