Iverson traded to Detroit Pistons
The Detroit Pistons have traded the 2004 NBA Finals MVP Chauncey Billups and Antonio McDyess to the Denver Nuggets for the four-time scoring champion Allen Iverson. The decision came after the Pistons president and Hall of Famer, Joe Dumars, watched his team lose in the Eastern conference finals for the third consecutive year. Since being drafted by the Philadelphia 76ers in 1996, Iverson has been one of the most consistent top scorers in the NBA, averaging 27.7 ppg in the last 13 seasons. We’ll see how well Iverson fits in with his new team this season.
In case you’ve forgotten how sick he can handle the ball, check out his trademarked ankle-breaking crossovers below:
- Additional coverage of the trade can be found at the following sites :
- Pistons Trade Billups and Mcdyes for Iverson – The World of Isaac
- Billups and Iverson swap Jerseys – Cuzoogle
- Allen Iverson Traded to Detroit Pistons for Chauncey Billups – InGameNow
- What is Joe Dumars thinking? – Boston Celtics News