Last Night on Game of Thrones…
This one goes out to the ladies. The sixth installment of Game of Thrones’ season 2, “The Old Gods and the New,” delved deeper into the feminine wiles of a trio of lovely ladies, but also maintained a steady focus on the Stark daughters, both of whom found themselves in troubling spots. And of course Daenerys, in all her hotness, continued to fruitlessly navigate the strange and duplicitous city of Qarth, which as I said a couple of weeks ago, looks inviting from afar, not so much up close. There is much to discuss, so let’s get crackin’.
- Theon is entering the big leagues. Although something tells me he’s more John Rocker and less Mariano Rivera. And dude, learn how to swing your blade.
- I never really noticed before, but Jon Snow’s sword is a beast.
- The scenes between Tywin and Arya have been some of the best of the season. I nominate Charles Dance and Maisie Williams for Emmys now.
- Did Baelish recognize the “cup-bearer?” I would think as devious as he is, he had to notice.
- Look out, we got ourselves a ginger Wildling, and Snow is smitten.
- Boy, Cersei REALLLLLY doesn’t like Tyrion.
- Cow shit followed by another slap from Tyrion. It was another awesome appearance from King Joffrey.
- “We’ve had vicious kings and we’ve had idiot kings. But I don’t know if we’ve ever been cursed with a vicious idiot for a king.” Yeah, that pretty much sums up jackass Joffrey’s reign.
- Do NOT f*ck with “The Hound.” Especially where Sansa is concerned.
- Xaro Xhoan Daxos is up to no good. The guy reeks wrong.
- Jaqen H’ghar is quick.
- Me likey Lady Talisa.
- “Stop moving.” Snow’s virginity is in jeopardy.
- Speaking of sexy Wildlings, HOLY OSHA! Who knew she was hiding such treasures beneath those tattered rags?
- “Don’t trust anybody. Life is safer that way.” Words to live by in the Seven Kingdoms.
- Stealing dragons ain’t cool, yo.
Only four episodes to go with several storylines to tie up. Will Stannis invade King’s Landing? What will become of Theon’s rebellion? Are we ever going to see Jaime again? And what the hell is the deal north of The Wall? Until next time…